Friday, April 12, 2013

TO SAVANNAH WE GO

Tomorrow morning Jenny and I are leaving to go to the beautiful town of Savannah, Georgia. My parents named me after Savannah, Georgia after visiting together when they were young in their marriage. Although this will only be my second time visiting, Savannah definitely holds a special place in my heart.

This weekend is extremely special because it's the weekend that my best friend and business partner joins me full-time to work for Maiedae! This has been our dream for so long and it's finally here. I can only image as Jenny wraps up her very last day at her 9-5 job today that she's filled with many, many emotions. I feel so blessed and filled with so much joy to be able to do what I love AND do it with someone I adore and means the world to me.

Original 1905 Savannah photo found via Shorfy 

We decided to go on an annual business retreat for Maiedae in order to talk about the business, work through our structure, have lots of vision and planning time, talk through major projects and get ourselves pumped and ready for the rest of the year. What better time to do this AND celebrate our adventures into full-time work for Maiedae than by going this weekend?! I think it's hugely important to celebrate. When you are running hard after something in life, be sure to stop along the way and let yourself feel all of the joy from everything you've accomplished so far. Don't forget to celebrate the milestones and small goals along the way. They make all of the big goals happen and it's important to remember where you've come from, where you are and where you're going.

Besides having a lot of meeting time, we definitely have plans to celebrate and will be enjoying a fancy dinner or two and some great walks around the city. Praying for beautiful weather!! We are staying in a beautiful loft near Broughton Street that we rented from VRBO, which I highly recommend! It's amazing what you can find for such great deals and really get the "i live here" experience by staying in a home.

We will for sure be taking LOTS of pictures. You can also follow me on Instagram (@maiedae) to see photo updates form our trip along the way. If you have any "must eat at" recommendations near Broughton street, please let us know!

Happy weekend friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment