Friday, April 05, 2013

PROJECT CONDO: CURTAINS!

For the past couple months we've been keeping our living room shielded from outside viewers with mix-matched bedsheets. Although they certainly served their purpose, the fitted black bed sheet and white floral sheet had to go. You can see a couple shots of the living room with said sheets for curtains here. ;)

About a week ago I was perusing the UO site and came across a beautifully patterned pair of curtains on clearance sale. I happened to be sitting in my living room at the time, so I did a little look-see around the room to see if it would go and if they would flow well with the dining room. I ended up buying them, they came in the mail a couple days ago and Jon helped me hang them up. I am blown away at what a difference a few panels of curtains can make to a room. I initially wouldn't go for such a bold patterned curtain, but I love the neutral coloring and this particular pattern design.


It ended up becoming a great statement piece for the room and one of the first things you see when you walk into the front door. (The door in the picture leads our to our back patio, the front door is down a long hallway opposite the fireplace) We bought them super long and hung them as high as possible to give the room a lot of visual height. I'm so excited about this mini progress! I've got some more decorating brewing for the living room that I can't wait to share soon. :) 

Happy weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment