Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PROJECT CONDO: CARAMEL COUCH

Remember my rule about focusing on decorating one room at a time? Remember how I kinda broke that rule with this small purchase for the kitchen? Well if the kitchen purchase wasn't considered a "cheat" on my rule, then this most certainly is!

If you've been following my dining room progress posts, we are still about 30% incomplete with some major "decorative" pieces left to tie everything together. So, how did I get off track again? Well, I blame Kate. ;) During a slumber party at Kate's a couple months ago, I immediately fell in love with her big, caramel colored, leather sectional. It was a perfect size, super comfortable, and a color to die for. It was love at first site. Fast forward a couple weeks during a get together at my place and conversation came up about what type of couch I wanted to replace my tattered ikea purchase. Without hesitation, I said, "Something exactly like Kate's couch!". Kate turned to me and said, "Well, I'll sell it to you!". Bam! Agreement made. A couple weeks later, I picked the couch up from Kate's and Kate purchased a new couch for her place.


I love this couch. It's a sectional with a chase lounge and comfortably seats 5-6 people. Jon and I spent the first couple days breaking it in with a marathon of Dr. Who. So, I may have deviated *a little* from my rule, but there was no way I could pass this beauty up. I'll be re-focusing on the dining room since I'm hoping to completely finish it for a Thanksgiving dinner we're hosting for friends in late November. I'll be sure to share more pictures of the living room once the dining room is finished! In the meantime, I need to get my booty into high gear and get my projects done for the dining room!!


18 comments:

  1. I can see why you wanted it, it's gorgeous. And it was a once-only chance, you had to take it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I moved out one of the only big purchases I made was a sofa. We didn't have a lot of money to put towards it so we got the shape -- a large six person sectional with chase lounge -- but not the quality -- black faux leather. My dream is to upgrade it to pretty much the exact one you purchased! One day, when the cat puts enough holes in it, we'll take the leap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT purchase and awesome that your friend was so willing to sell it to you! These photos are beautiful and it looks so cozy. My friend has a sectional at her place and I too fell in love. Leather sectionals are the comfiest!

    Also...your hair. Holy moly it is breathtaking! You must dye it so often as it never ever looks dull or faded. Best hair ever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are always SO light, crisp, beautifully toned and pretty. I love love love your photos. Do you have any tips on editing your photos to make them look so full of light and beautifully toned?
    xo Moorea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Moorea, your photos are seriously GORGEOUS!

      Delete
    2. Hey ladies!! You two are so sweet. :) - This is a great idea to expand on later but just a few things I do to help...

      1. Use a tripod. - This allows me to have a slower shutter speed, take in more light and not get blurry. This is especially great when shooting indoors.

      2. I try to wait and take indoor pictures during peak lighting times. For my living room it's around 1:00PM...prime time to get all the goodness of the natural light from the windows.

      3. I also use Radlab to edit my photos, this just gives them a little perk and brightens them up. :)

      Hope that helps!! You ladies always take amazing photos!

      -Sav

      Delete
  5. It looks soooooooooo comfy. I love sectionals. Great buy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What good timing! That couch looks really comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I totally would have deviated from my plan as well!! ;) It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that couch too!

    Valentina
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That couch is a great shade of brown,really earthy. You have a really cute cat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great couch! I would love to trade my Ikea-not that comfortable-but-was-a-good-price, couch for one like that! Maybe someday...
    And I love the color of it as well. Pretty awesome when you have friends who sell you stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving that couch. These posts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have good taste what can I say! I am so glad that you love it and now it is just like home when I come over to your place :) . I also love the fact that you look so graceful on the sofa, but you can't trick me because I saw you move that bad boy yourself! http://revelrey.blogspot.com/2012/10/mountain-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous25.10.12

    Good deal! It looks super comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh! It's beautiful!!! I love comfy couches. I could never have one of those stiff looking ones. I like sinking into the big cushions, so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your hair so much in this picture, would you be able to tell me how you styled your hair like that its beautiful!! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  16. dr. who marathon = the best!

    ReplyDelete