Sunday, August 28, 2011

Solo Feature: Girl Willow


1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Hello everyone! My name is Rachael and I blog over at Girl Willow. I am married to one very handsome guy and together, we have 2 young boys. Yes, I'm surrounded by lots of dirt and noise and rough housing, but I love it! My faith and my family are very important to me. I'm really just a girl trying to find joy in everyday life...you can find out more about me here.

2. What made you decide to start blogging? Well, I guess I just needed a creative//girly outlet, due to all the dirt and noise I spoke of above! I really enjoy writing and I love the connection and relationships that you can build without even meeting someone in person. 


3. What are your favorite things to blog about? Favorite posts? I love sharing about the sewing challenge that I am in the midst of. I am sewing all of my own clothes for an entire year!! I also love blogging about my sweet little family and our adventures.



4. What is your favorite pass-time? That seems like such an easy question, but for a long time after having my first son, I really didn't make time for activities and such that I enjoy. I now really enjoy blogging (I'm still a newbie though) and sewing has become a slight addiction for me! I am blessed to have my mom as my sewing "teacher" and I am learning so much.


5. What is on your current wish-list? 
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
6. Favorite blog reads? Oh, I have so many fans!! Here are just a few of the many: Enjoy the Small Things, Moms are for Everyone!, Made, Kendi Everyday, Smile & Wave & MaieDae - I can't wait until I can have her makeover my blog!


7. If you had three wishes what would they be? I am always so terrible at this question!! All we need is LOVE, right?!


8. Favorite summertime song? Any song that my husband and my boys are playing together. My husband sings and plays guitar and every.single.time he gets out his guitar, our boys have to get out their little guitars and play along. I love that!


9. What's your favorite meal? Hmm, I love pretty much anything Italian! Pizza, spaghetti, etc. I know, I know! I could eat it all the time, but I don't let myself.


10. What inspires you the most? My faith and my family are definitely my biggest inspirations. I also greatly appreciate some of the blogs that I have the privilege of reading. Women sharing their stories on motherhood, marriage, faith, sewing, crafting...that inspires me too. 


Find Rachael Here:
Blog: http://girlwillow.blogspot.com/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Giveaway Time! -- Rachael is hoping to start her own handmade shop in the near future and is offering one reader the chance to pick between two of her handmade pillows!


Main Entry:
1. Leave a comment on this post sharing which pillow you would pick!

Bonus Entries (please leave one comment per entry):
1. Become a follower of Girl Willow via GFC
2. Become a follower of MaieDae via GFC (on the right) or Bloglovin
3. Tweet about it! Just copy & paste this: Win a beautiful handmade pillow from Girl Willow on @MaieDae! http://maiedae.blogspot.com/2011/08/solo-feature-girl-willow.html

One winner will be selected at random and announced THIS Wednesday!! Thank you Rachael for a wonderful interview & giveaway! :)



31 comments:

  1. I like the striped one!
    rebatink(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow girl willow via GFC!
    rebatink(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow MaieDae via GFC!
    rebatink(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the heart pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started following Racheal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started following Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. k would pick the heart pillow

    cornelia

    porcelina[at]live[dot]nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. i follow your blog via gfc

    cornelia

    porcelina[at]live[dot]nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would pick the heart pillow. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would go for the stripes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow MaieDae through GFC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the heart one! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I already follow MaieDae through Bloglovin' & GFC (need to do some updating hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaaand, just became a follower of girl willow through GFC...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a follower of the awesome Willow Girl via GFC

    Pieces of Luv

    email. jenealc1085@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already was a follower of MaieDae via GFC

    Pieces of Luv

    email. jenealc1085@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I TWEETED...:D :D via jenealbrown

    Pieces of Luv

    email. jenealc1085@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH yes and I would pick the pillow with the cute heart stitched on. :D

    Pieces of Luv

    email. jenealc1085@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the striped pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd probably pick the striped pillow. I'm a sucker for stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the striped pillow, I'm following girl willow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm loving the heart pillow!
    kerstinjbradley{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I follow MaieDae through GFC.
    kerstinjbradley{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow Girl Willow through GFC.
    kerstinjbradley{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love love love the striped pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow girl willow via GFC! kcballif@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow MaieDae via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE that striped pillow! And I'm definitely going to check our her blog...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the striped pillow...both are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh, the stripey one, i'm all about stripes and those particular colours these days! great giveaway!

    anniebodiethere@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love anything stripes, so....the stripey one!

    ReplyDelete